Bits of Babel: Devious Devising

TRIXIE:

Help, I'm being abused!

POWERPUFF:

What's happening?

TRIXIE:

I keep getting abort offers from my opponent
even though I'm one move away from check-
mating him.

POWERPUFF:

Decline them.

TRIXIE:

He's now telling me I have to wait for 15 minutes
if I want to claim a win.

POWERPUFF:

Is that the amount of time left on the clock?

TRIXIE:

Yes, more or less.

POWERPUFF:

Make the move that would lead to mate and walk
away from the computer.

TRIXIE:

How do I do that, given it's his turn to play?

POWERPUFF:

I don't know what else to tell you. Which interface
do you have?

TRIXIE:

A derivative of Chess Client for a Palm Treo Phone.

DEPUTYDOGG:

Add him to your list of "players to avoid"
and then move on.

ROGERRABBIT:

That's not so easy, Deputy.

No comments: